Are you worried about someone?


In an emergency call 000.

If you are worried that you may be experiencing domestic or sexual violence, help is available. Our website has information on the services we have available, safety planning, and other information and resources.

You can contact us during business hours to talk about your situation.

24-hour help:

Tel: 1800 811 811
www.dvconnect.orgLink to external page

Tel: 1800 737 732 to external page

Where else can I find help?

QLD Government information: to external page


I am a person using violence

If you are worried that you are using violence or abuse in your relationship, things can change. The past does not have to define your future.

Have you ever:

  • Shouted or screamed at a family member?
  • Called a family member insulting or belittling names and constantly criticised them?
  • Prevented your partner spending money for their personal use?
  • Slapped, hit, pushed, or shoved a family member – or threatened to?
  • Scared your partner or children?
  • Thrown something in your partner’s or child’s presence such as a glass, TV remote, mobile phone?
  • Pressured your partner into doing something sexual that they did not want to?
  • Stopped your partner from doing something they wanted to do such as going out with friends, studying, or working?

If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions and you live in the Toowoomba, Darling or Southern Downs regions, then DVAC can help.

Take responsibility and contact us and speak with someone who can discuss available options. DVAC offers face to face and virtual behaviour intervention groups to support men who are wanting to do something different.

Our website has information on the services that we have available, and you can access information and advice from:

Tel:  1300 789 978 to external page


Another person

It is normal to feel worried about someone you care for who may be experiencing violence or abuse. We can all make a difference by speaking up against disrespect, sexism, and abuse.

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to the best way to do this because it depends on the situation.

For example, if you notice someone speaking to their partner with disrespect, controlling them or being abusive, you can speak up if it is safe to do so. Let them know that you are concerned, that it is not okay and that they can choose to behave differently and get some help.

If you are worried about a friend or family member who may be a victim of abuse, you can discretely let them know about free confidential phone numbers they can call to get help. You can let them know that you are worried for their safety and see if you can support them to get help and make a safety plan.

For Queensland Government information on how to help someone: click hereLink to external page


In an emergency call the Police on 000

Are you worried someone will find out you visited this website?

Our website has a quick exit button near the bottom right-hand corner of the page. This button will close the DVAC website and open ABC News and the Google homepage. The button may be helpful if you are worried that you are being monitored and you are concerned that someone is about to see you looking at the DVAC site.

You may also want to delete your browser history. This means that the history of the websites you have visited will not be able to be seen. For information on deleting your internet history click here.

If someone is monitoring your online activity using spyware or monitoring devices, they may still be able to see that you have visited this website.

To discuss your online safety, speak with your DVAC support worker or call DVConnect 1800 811 811 (24-hour telephone advice line) or 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) (24-hour telephone counselling line).

For more information on your digital safety see:

Skip to content