Amie Carrington, CEO presented as Finalist
Domestic Violence Action Centre CEO Amie Carrington was presented as a Finalist in the prestigious Bendigo Bank Community Group of the Year Award by Jason Luckhardt, Chair, Community Bank Logan, Bendigo Bank during the 2023 Queensland Australian Community Achievement Awards Gala Presentation Dinner on Friday 17th November 2023 at the Royal on the Park Brisbane.
The Awards were hosted by Kendall Gilding, 7NEWS Presenter and attracted more than 350 guests from across the State to celebrate Queensland’s high achievers.
Domestic Violence Action Centre (DVAC) is a lifeline for individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence in South East Queensland. With 26 years of unwavering service, DVAC offers counselling, advocacy, safety upgrades, and professional training. In the past year, they’ve interacted with over 9,000 clients, providing essential support. DVAC’s mission transcends services; they strive to reduce the prevalence and impact of gender-based violence in our communities. Through partnerships, workshops, and systemic advocacy, DVAC leaves no stone unturned. Their holistic approach has achieved remarkable results, with over 96% of clients reporting feeling safer after their involvement. DVAC stands as a symbol of resilience and healing.
The ten category winners are:
- Super Max & Bryce – Bryce U’Ren and Amy Kenworthy – Australia Pacific LNG Community Hero Award
- Inclusee – Awards Australia Charitable Foundation Mental Health and Wellbeing Award
- Baby Give Back – Volunteers – Bendigo Bank Community Group of the Year Award
- Green Fox Studio – Career College Small Business Award
- Extraction Artisan Coffee – Konica Minolta Customer Service Award
- ALT Skills – Now I Can Run Disability Achievement Award
- Care Kits for Kids Qld Inc. – QLD Family and Child Commission Dedicated to Supporting Young
- Jack Growden – Quota Beenleigh Leadership Award
- The Boss Boxing – Special Event Presentations Local Sporting Club Making a Difference Award
- Sunpork Group – Synaco Safety Award
Winners each received either a prize package worth more than $1,500, including a complimentary
membership to The Career College valued at $594 plus a trophy.
The Yoga Partnership was also announced as the winner of the People’s Choice Award presented by the Royal on the Park, and received a nights’ accommodation in a Deluxe Room, a $150 dinner credit, full buffet breakfast for two and car parking for one vehicle at the Royal on the Park.
The Awards night was the culmination of a tremendously successful year with hundreds of nominations
received from across Queensland.
Further information about Domestic Violence Action Centre – Amie Carrington can be obtained by phoning the Awards office on 1300 055 096 or by emailing email@example.com
The Queensland Community Achievement Awards began in 2002, with a regional focus, but is now conducted statewide. The awards have been encouraging, acknowledging and rewarding the valuable contributions that individuals, communities and businesses are making throughout Queensland. These awards recognise those that work tirelessly to improve their communities by promoting the social, economic and environmental prosperity.